What’s better than cinnamon swirl? Cinnamon swirl apple bread.
Fall is here! I love the fall so much because this season is full of good foods. And I’m starting off the season the right way, with some amazing apple bread. I love making bread. Especially out of fruits or vegetables. The soft crumbly texture always leaves me coming back for more.
And recently I’ve been on the hunt to find a favorite when it comes to homemade bread. So far banana didn’t make the cut, and pumpkin gets an honorable mention. But apple. Apple has got to be the winner.
With only two people eating it, this cinnamon swirl apple bread was gone in less than 4 days. I’m sure it’s because the finely chopped apple pieces are so thoroughly mixed in that you can taste the flavor in every bite. I was going to wait until the weekend to make this bread but the craving set it and I found myself mixing batter at 9:30 in the evening. It worked out well though because I just let it cool down overnight and it was ready to serve it the morning. And you better believe I served myself a slice for breakfast to eat alongside my yogurt bowl.
It’s something about the apples that makes this cinnamon swirl apple bread even more moist and delicious. And it’s perfect it time for the fall. Honestly, it’s perfect year round!
What You’ll Need to Make Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread
This recipe was simpler than I thought it would be, perfect for any beginner bakers out there. To make this moist goodness you’re going to want to peel and finely dice a large apple, create a cinnamon and brown sugar blend, and of course grab everything you need to make the batter: flour, white sugar, 2 eggs, a stick of unsalted butter, milk, baking powder, salt, and a splash of vanilla extract.
Cinnamon Swirl Apple BreadCourse: dessertDifficulty: beginner
This deliciously moist apple bread has generous cinnamon swirled throughout and and a crisp cinnamon sugared top.
1 cup peeled, cored, and finely diced baking apple (preferably Granny Smith)
1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, level off measuring cup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven: Set oven to 350°F and place rack in middle position. Spray 8.5 x 4.5 – inch loaf pan lightly with nonstick cooking oil.
- Mix Cinnamon Sugar: In a small bowl mix brown sugar and cinnamon until evenly combined and set aside.
- Mix Part One: In a medium bowl, by hand or by electric mixer, whisk granulated sugar and eggs until pale and creamy. Gradually add in the melted butter, milk, and vanilla and whisk until evenly combined.
- Mix Part Two: Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the batter and mix until evenly combined.
- Pour in Apples: Add diced apples to the batter and fold into the batter with a rubber spatula until thoroughly incorporated.
- Layer it Up: Pour 2/3 of the batter in loaf pan. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar on top. Pour the remainder of the batter. Sprinkle the remainder of the cinnamon sugar. Take a butter knife and swirl the layers by making a zig-zag motion through the batter in each direction.
- Bake: Bake for 45 minutes, until bread is golden brown. Let the bread cool completely before removing it from the pan. Store loosely covered in aluminum foil for up to 5 days.